Restore Your Gums to Health With Gum Recession Treatment in Seekonk, MA
Receding gums aren’t just unattractive; they can also cause dental issues ranging from tooth sensitivity to tooth loss. If your gums are receding, waste no time seeking gum recession treatment from our Seekonk, MA dentists.
Our expert dentists can perform a gum graft that will:
- Give you more confidence in your smile’s appearance
- Reduce discomfort from sensitivity to heat and cold
- Make your teeth less susceptible to decay and infection
- Prevent you from losing teeth
- Improve your overall oral health
Do your gums appear to be pulling away from your teeth? Call Perfect Smiles at 508-252-8627. We’ll restore your gums to health!
See Our Dentists If You Have Gum Recession Symptoms
If you visit our office for regular dental exams, it’s unlikely you’ll have receding gums. We closely monitor your mouth, including your gums. Our dentists treat you in the early stages of gum disease, one of the causes of gum recession. They’ll also let you know if it looks like you’re brushing your teeth too hard, a practice that can also cause gums to recede.
If you haven’t been to the dentist for a while, you should see us ASAP if you notice:
- Exposed tooth roots
- Teeth that feel loose
- Teeth that look longer than before
- Teeth sensitive to heat or cold
Prevent Gum Recession Before It Occurs
A gum graft is a relatively simple procedure that involves taking tissue from your mouth and carefully attaching it to your gums. It can be completed in a single appointment, using local anesthesia to keep you comfortable throughout the process. That said, it’s easier and less costly to prevent gum recession from occurring in the first place.
Follow these preventive practices:
- Brush and floss at least twice a day. Brush thoroughly but gently, using a brush with soft bristles.
- Give up smoking – or don’t start. Plaque that can cause gum disease builds up more easily on smokers’ teeth.
- Visit our dentists for a consultation if you think you may be grinding your teeth. They can fit you for a custom appliance to prevent this habit, which can cause gums to recede.
- Visit us for regular dental exams, especially if you’re pregnant or experiencing other hormonal changes that can make you more prone to gum disease.
Think you may need gum recession treatment? Call Perfect Smiles at 508-252-8627.