Discreet Tooth Fillings in Seekonk, MA Look Natural in Your Smile
When it comes to tooth fillings, there are two choices: metal fillings (also called amalgam fillings) or composite fillings, made from a tooth-colored material. At Perfect Smiles, we use composite fillings because they blend in with your smile. Unlike metal fillings, they won’t darken over time, leaving black spots in your mouth.Doctor Travis Neuenhaus on Tooth Fillings Read Transcript
Ideally, we don't want to be placing fillings. We want to be preventing cavities in the first place through fluoride, proper education on oral hygiene, as well as seeing hygienists every three, six months, depending on the patient’s situation.
But, when it comes to a situation were we have to do a filling, we're using the best materials. We're matching them to your tooth, we're not using any silver fillings, any amalgams. We're also making sure you're very comfortable when you leave the office – no sharp edges, everything's smooth, everything feels like a natural tooth after we place a filling.
White fillings offer other advantages over metal fillings, too:
- Less Invasive – Our Seekonk, MA dentists will remove less healthy tooth structure for composite fillings.
- Fewer Health Concerns – While there is no definitive answer as to whether the mercury in amalgam fillings is harmful, we prefer to use the safest filling material possible.
- Strengthen Your Tooth – Composite fillings are bonded directly to your teeth, so they strengthen them and help protect them from further damage.
- Can Be Repaired – If a metal filling is damaged, our dentists will need to replace it. A damaged white filling can usually be fixed.
- More Versatile – White fillings can be used in places where it’s just not possible to place metal fillings, such as front teeth and in between teeth.
Think you might need a filling? Call Perfect Smiles at 508-252-8627.
Technology Makes It Easy to Diagnose & Treat Cavities
We’ve invested in the latest technology to improve both the diagnosis and treatment of cavities. During your dental exams, our dentists use cavity detectors that employ laser fluorescence to find cavities when they’re easiest to treat. If cavities aren’t treated when they’re still relatively small, you may need a more complicated and costly restoration like a dental crown.
If we find a cavity in its early stages, our dentists can use a no-shot, no-drill treatment called air abrasion to repair your tooth. This minimally invasive technique is fast and pain-free!
Stay Comfortable in Our Chair During Your Cavity Treatment
Whether our dentists use air abrasion or another technique to repair your cavity, you’ll stay comfortable while they work. We can offer you these amenities:
- Heated massage chairs
- TVs and headphones
- Neck pillows
- Cozy blankets
- Tinted eyewear to keep the light out of your eyes
If you do need local anesthesia, they’ll use a numbing gel before administering it.
Like other procedures at Perfect Smiles, tooth fillings are easy. Call 508-252-8627 to make an appointment. We’re located near Panera Bread in Seekonk.