Get a Healthy Mouth & Healthy Body With Oral Systemic Healthcare in Westport, MA
Want to improve your overall health? The journey can start with great oral health. At Perfect Smiles, our Westport, MA dental team has focused on oral systemic healthcare for years. We know that untreated dental infection can plague the entire body and even lead to an increased risk of diabetes or heart disease.Doctor Mary Jane Miranda on Oral Systemic Healthcare Read Transcript
There's an important correlation between both your oral health and systemic health in that oftentimes, when you're having systemic health issues, the first sign shows up in your mouth. So it's an indication to us that something else may be going on. There's also links now in the media, and you see these types of things on the news, where there's links between periodontal disease in your mouth going back to heart disease. One of the things you can do to make sure that you're ahead of this is making sure that you're coming in for your recommended regular hygiene visits, so we can help to diagnose these problems early and prevent you from further systemic disease.
Here’s what you gain from partnering with our Westport, MA dental office:
- Reducing the risk of cavities with thorough dental cleanings and exams
- Preventing and managing gum disease, the leading cause of tooth loss in adults
- Providing elite restorative dentistry and tooth replacement options like dental implants to keep your mouth functional and allow you to eat healthy, nutritious foods
- Keeping expectant mothers – and their babies – healthy during pregnancy! Check out additional information about having a healthy pregnancy and ask about a Pregnancy Care Package.
- Helping your children have a great dental experience. See more information about keeping your child healthy.
Perfect Smiles is a dental practice that cares about your oral health and your overall health. Give us a call today at 508-717-3780 to schedule an appointment.
Improve Tooth Health With Orthodontics & Restorative Dentistry
Inflammation and bacteria are the root causes of countless oral and overall health problems. Perfect Smiles can provide treatments that will eradicate dental problems or reduce your risk of future problems. We only use state-of-the-art technology and minimally invasive techniques.
These treatments include:
- Repairing damaged and decayed teeth with metal-free restorations like composite fillings and same-day ceramic crowns
- Providing orthodontics to straighten teeth and decrease risk for tooth decay, gum disease, and unnatural tooth wear
- Replacing missing teeth with dental implants, the strongest and healthiest tooth replacement option in dentistry
- Treating and managing gum disease, which has been linked to several health conditions like diabetes, heart disease, and low birth weight babies
Don’t underestimate the role our dentists can play as your oral systemic healthcare providers in Westport, MA. We’d love to meet with you to discuss your smile goals. Give us a call today at 508-717-3780 to schedule your family’s dental visits.