Trust Your Smile to Experts at Relieving Dental Anxiety in Westport, MA
Your dental care doesn’t have to be stressful. Keeping a beautiful smile is easy at Perfect Smiles because our compassionate team make relieving dental anxiety a priority for our patients.Doctor Madhuri Patel on Relieving Dental Anxiety Read Transcript
During the first initial visit when we see a patient, we ask them what's their apprehension level, we try to determine, what are they afraid about? Based on that, we do determine what would be the best option for them. And definitely the lowest level of sedation that we provide is (inaudible), basically it's called laughing gas, so it helps to relieve a little anxiety, as if a patient had a glass of wine. It takes a little edge off their anxiety, which is the lowest level, compared to the highest level of sedation, which we provide something called oral versus IV sedation, where patients are nice and relaxed, comfortable while we work on them. The reason it's called conscious sedation and not a general anesthesia is because patient is still awake. Say, if they do want to use the restroom or if they feel anything, or if they want to do something, they can still communicate with this. But most of our patients are so comfortable that we can perform as many dental work at the same visit.
The other beauty of sedation is also we can combine all the treatment at one visit so patient doesn't have to make multiple visits. That way, patient doesn't have to go over that same anxiety level every single time when they visit the dental office. Also, the other beauty of sedations is also where patient has very little memory. So some patient who doesn't like thinking about the noise or thinking about what's going on, they have very minimal recollection of the procedure. Most of what a patient would remember is like, at the beginning when they came to the appointment and when they left the appointment, that's all they can recollect. They don't know about what's going on during the time of the procedure. Most of my patient really love that because they don't have to worry about anything, and that really helps them to alleviate their anxiety level during the future visits when they come in.
We’ll provide you relaxed, expert dental care that will:
- Help you maintain a bright smile you can feel confident in
- Reduce your anxiety about future dental visits
- Give you peace of mind that you’re taking proactive steps toward a healthier mouth
- Help catch small dental concerns before they become bigger headaches
Feel at Home in Our Welcoming Dentist Office
Our Westport, MA dentist office features a long list of patient-friendly amenities to make your visit with us stress-free – and even enjoyable! We want you to leave our office happy, relaxed, and glad you came to see us. Below are just a few of our amenities that will ensure we treat you to a dental experience like you’ve never had before:
- Complimentary inhaled sedation with laughing gas. We also offer conscious oral sedation and IV sedation for deeper levels of relaxation. Sedation allows us to perform multiple procedures in one visit so you don’t have to return for several appointments.
- Refreshment station in our reception area so you can enjoy a favorite beverage.
- Private consultation rooms and patient care rooms for your discretion and peace of mind.
- Wi-Fi hotspot to keep you connected.
- In-room checkout available for your convenience.
- TVs and headphones so you can enjoy your favorite TV show while we take care of your smile.
- Fully stocked comfort stations in each patient suite so you can wash your hands and freshen up after your appointment.
- Comfortable neck pillows and warm throw blankets to help you relax.
- Heated and massaging treatment chairs to soothe your body from head to toe.
- Noise-canceling headphones so you can forget all about dentistry for a while.
- Tinted protective eyewear to reduce glare and strain on your eyes.
- Topical numbing gel and soothing lip balm for your comfort.
If these amenities aren’t enough to help you relax, just ask our fully trained staff and we’ll be happy to help you however we can. Relieving dental anxiety is our specialty! Call us today at 508-717-3780 to make an appointment for a stress-free checkup. You’ll find our Westport, MA office near the Snell Corner neighborhood.