Rebuild Your Smile With Restorative Dentistry in Westport, MA
Your teeth are subject to wear and tear just like the rest of your body. If you have damaged or diseased teeth, or even missing teeth, our dentists can repair your smile and make life easier for you with restorative dentistry. Our restorative dental treatments will:Doctor Damon Anderson on Restorative Dentistry Read Transcript
Restorative dentistry generally is for restoring damaged teeth. There's decay from not flossing, or say a patient has dry mouth – that can contribute to cavities because there are enzymes in a person's saliva that actually kill the bacteria that eats into the teeth that causes decay. It's kind of like termites burrowing into your teeth. If you have a lot of saliva and you're healthy, your saliva can get rid of that bacteria, but if you have a dry mouth for any reason or if you have a little bit of sugar in your mouth, too often, too many times a day, it turns off the immunity system within the saliva. And then you get decay.
Fortunately, we have good materials now that match tooth color, whether it's all-porcelain crowns that can just be glued right on. We actually have a milling machine that mills crowns here. It's call the CEREC unit, and we scan it, you mill it, it's beautiful. Just glues in, the patient leaves with a crown. We have white fillings and those bond in, they stay in.
We're pretty modern. We have the most modern materials and methods that are available in the world. That's what we do, and that's what we use to restore patients’ teeth to look completely natural and 100 percent functional.
- Give you an attractive smile again
- Make eating and chewing easier so you can enjoy a full menu of foods
- Improve your self-confidence
- End dental pain and discomfort
- Help you avoid dental decay and gum disease
Dental Restorations Make Your Smile Complete Again
At Perfect Smiles, our restorative dentists want you leave our office completely satisfied with your smile’s look and function. To give you that satisfaction, we offer many restorative dentistry procedures, including:
- Porcelain Crowns and Fixed Bridges – Repair a damaged tooth with a durable CEREC crown made in a single visit to our office. A dental bridge will replace one or more missing teeth and anchor to your other teeth.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings – Metal-free composite fillings look more natural in your smile than silver fillings.
- Traditional Dentures – Enjoy smiling and eating again with full dentures for a complete arch of replacement teeth, or partial dentures if you still have some healthy teeth.
- Root Canal Therapy – Our dentists will save your diseased tooth by cleaning out and sealing the root canals. They’ll use a porcelain crown to complete the process and protect your tooth from further damage.
- Dental Veneers – These thin but strong tooth coverings quickly repair small cracks, fractures, and worn teeth.
- Inlays and Onlays – These dental restorations fix damage that’s too extensive for a regular filling.
- Dental Implant Services – You have a wide variety of restoration options with dental implants, including implant-secured crowns, bridges, and dentures. You can even get full arches of fixed replacement teeth with the All-on-4® and All-on-6 procedures.
- Full-Mouth Restoration – Our dentists will help you determine the best combination of restorative treatments to give you back a complete set of teeth.