Find Comfortable TMJ Treatment in Westport, MA
Are you struggling with morning headaches or jaw pains? This could be the sign of a serious problem called temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD). The TMJ connects the jaw and skull, and injury or dysfunction with this joint can cause significant aches and pains. Our Westport, MA dentists can relieve this problem with TMJ treatment, usually via an oral appliance.
Here’s how an oral appliance can help:
- Relieves jaw pains or swelling of the jaw
- Improves the range of motion in the jaw
- Protects teeth from the wear and tear of habits like clenching and grinding
- Puts an end to related chronic headaches or migraines
Choose a Noninvasive Way to Treat TMJ Problems
A big number of TMD sufferers clench or grind their teeth, usually while sleeping. We can resolve this habit with a simple oral appliance. We’ll take impressions and bite measurements and provide a custom mouthguard that you’ll wear at night. The mouthguard prevents your teeth from contacting and takes the pressure off your jaw joints, thus alleviating your TMJ issues.
- Easy to use
- Convenient and easy to care for
- Less expensive
- Noninvasive – no restorative dentistry required
Don’t Ignore These TMD Symptoms
Dental pains like those related to your TMJ can make your life a challenge, from eating to sleeping comfortably. TMJ disorder can show itself in many ways, including:
- Jaw pains or tenderness in the jaw
- Range of motion or stiffness in the jaw
- Constant headaches
- Clicking, popping, or grinding sounds in the jaw
- Neck, ear, and shoulder pains
If you have chronic jaw pain or frequent headaches, you might benefit from TMJ treatment or teeth grinding treatment at Perfect Smiles. Call us today at 508-252-0909 to book your visit in Westport, MA. TMJ consultations are free.